Our commitment to delivering the highest quality service includes protecting your personal and financial information with the highest level of security. Today's technology affords clients unparalleled opportunities to manage their portfolios and access financial data anytime, from anywhere. Our clients can enjoy this freedom, secure in the knowledge that their privacy is protected by the most sophisticated security system available.
For your protection, we've entrusted our broker/dealer, Commonwealth Financial Network, with safeguarding your data. Commonwealth is recognized throughout the financial services industry as a technology leader, and respected for their commitment to providing multilayered security for online data.
Commonwealth has the software, network, personnel, and policies in place to ensure that your financial and personal information are safe and securenot only from the most skillful hackers, but also from the careless error that could lead to loss or release of information. This system is built upon a multilayered solution that combines several technologies working together to shield your sensitive information from unauthorized access and tampering.
Layers of protection provide layers of assurance...
- Intrusion protection and detection systems monitor all access to the Commonwealth network and actively stop attacks.
- Commonwealth uses Cisco Security Monitoring Analysis and Response System (MARS), the best security event correlation engine available. MARS notes patterns of intrusion and generates alerts to eliminate access automatically.
- A combination of firewalls and access controls limit network access to personnel who need it.
- Firewalls are equipped with deep-packet inspection that searches automatically for viruses, spam, and other forms of intrusion.
- All electronic transmissions of your account and personal data within the Commonwealth network are protected by secured socket layer (SSL) 128-bit encryption, using VeriSign digital certificates. SSL represents the industry standard.
- Secure servers can only be accessed by authorized personnel:
- Commonwealth's Technology team grants access on a need-only basis and limits access to high-level networking personnel.
- The firm's password policy for access exceeds industry standards for protection.
- Servers are routinely updated to defend against vulnerabilities.
- Servers are housed in a facility that requires a security card for access and that is protected by a 24-hour, 7-day-a-week alarm system.
- Encrypted pages are not stored in your browser history.
- All backup tapes and replication transmissions are 100-percent encrypted.
- Commonwealth strictly controls access to its network.
- Commonwealth uses network access control to ensure that all computers and devices trying to access or connect to its network meet the firm's high standard of protection.
- Any system that does not run anti-virus and anti-spyware/malware software (or that Commonwealth determines has a virus or spyware) is denied access, and the firm's IT security personnel are notified immediately.
- Commonwealth has partnered with SafeBoot, a leader in the data and device security solutions field, to provide its computers with hard drive encryption.
- All Commonwealth advisors are required to install this protection on our laptops, and we have the option to install it on our desktops as well.
- SafeBoot is pre-boot encryptiona password is required before Microsoft Windows can be launched. Would-be hackers cannot even run the software on our computers that would allow them to violate Commonwealth's network or systems!
Commonwealth thoroughly screens its personnel . . . and limits their access to your information
- All Commonwealth employees are bonded and fingerprinted.
- Commonwealth runs thorough background checks on potential employees before hiring them.
- Commonwealth strictly limits access to personnel who require information access for business need.
And Commonwealth has policies and procedures that redouble its security exponentially
- Commonwealth has set up dedicated teams to oversee its privacy and security procedures, updating and adapting them proactively as new technologies and new regulations dictate.
- Commonwealth conducts outside audits using thoroughly investigated third-party vendors to ensure state-of-the-art security.
- Commonwealth doesn't display social security numbers in Investor360, its account access and information application developed especially for you.
Rest assured . . . because Commonwealth never does
You can rest assured that Commonwealth works round the clock to keep your data safe and secure. The firm's Technology team continuously strives to enhance security measures, keeping abreast of new technologies and safeguards and incorporating them when appropriate to ensure that your data is protected.